On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 3:50 PM, Eric Dannewitz <ericd...@jazz-sax.com> wrote:
> Though I don't see how a $300 laptop is going to be able to "grow" for a few
> years. Nor how it will handle playing back good quality sounds (NOT the
> Finale Software synth sounds, but more like the Garritan sounds)
>
> I'd still say some sort of Mac. iMac for desktop, or a laptop. Plus they can
> drive additional monitors with the addition of a simple plug, and the high
> end iMac can drive two additional monitors. Even my 2006 iMac can drive an
> additional monitor. And you also don't have to worry about viruses, windows
> registry problems, driver issues, or any of the other headaches you get with
> a PC.....
>
> Plus, you get Time Machine, which is absolutely amazingly easy to use. I've
> saved my self several times by having it on. Like if I made a change to a
> score or a file and then wanted to go back to the old version. Boom, it's
> there.

My point wasn't that he should buy a 300 dollar laptop, it was instead
the nature of great deals on the website. They list many deals for a
variety of computer products and types, not just laptops.

But even so, for the price of a top end Apple iMac, you could have
purchased several laptops over the course of a few years.

Thanks,

Kim