> Here it is, complete. I think I remember editing lightly for typos (not many
> of yours!) and punctuation and removing a few paragraphs that I didn't think
> were germane. Some of the quoted replied are not clearly delineated in this
> formatting, but mostly you can follow it. I've sent it as an email attachment
> to a few students. I hope you approve.

Thanks.  Looks like that's a compilation of several discussions.

The one thing I would say is unclear is where Darcy is quoted and it's not
immediately obvious where his words stop and mine begin.

Reading this reminded me of something.  Earlier this year I wrote an
arrangement of "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear" for SATB quartet. The last line
in the second verse says, "And ever over its Babel sounds, the blessed angels
sing."  For that verse I have the soprano on the melody, with the other voices
mostly singing "ooh" and "ah" but occasionally some words.  On "Babel", I
deliberately made it so that the soprano pronounces it like "bay-bel" and the
tenor and alto (in slightly different rhythm) like "bab-ble".  If I were
particular about this being observed I suppose I'd have to add a note, but as
it's really more of a little easter-egg type surprise -- I find it poetically
amusing that "Babel" would be a word where voices disagree on the pronunciation
-- I just wrote it hyphenated "Ba-bel" in the one line and "Bab-el" in the
others, and we'll see what the singers do with it.

mdl