No, Rob, it didn't work.

It seems to be something to do with the playback - I've just discovered
that when I stop playback, the sound (the last chord played) continues. It
stops when I change anything in the "audio device setup" box.

I'm sorry to clog the list with this.  I just hope that I can give enough
clues for someone to recognise what the problem is.  As I said, this seems
to have started since I tried to add an audio track, but to the best of my
knowledge, I didn't actually change anything.

--
Lawrenceyates.co.uk