Hi Paul,
I use DP too.. I may be alone in the UK in that..! I prefer it to Logic by far.
Your setup is not far from mine. I also rarely use convolution reverb because
it gains me nothing over my favourite  Wave Arts reverb which can be
instantiated dozens of times with little processing hit.
I find Garritan useful for smaller ensembles. EWQLSO gives a bit of unwanted
'Hollywood' to small band stuff which is odd (to me).

Steve P.