My big worry about any takeover of MakeMusic is that the same thing will happen
to Finale that happened to Concertware back when Jump music bought it from
Great Wave software.  It turned out that Jump was only interested in
Concertware to use as the engine for a piano tutorial program and they
essentially abandoned the original product.  It was nothing like Finale (or
Sibelius) as a music typesetting program, but served my needs quite well for
music playback and making practice tapes for the choir I sing with.  I used my
last upgraded version of Concertware for years until I could no longer get a
computer with an operating system that would run it, then I switched over to
FInale.  Now that I have learned to use Finale reasonably well, I would hate to
go through the same thing all over again.  What alternatives do we have these
days?  Both Concertware and Sibelius are gone or on the way out and now Finale
is under threat.

        Clif Ashcraft