Robert, Robert, I get your point, you don't have to repeat yourself. I really
think we both want the same thing: to understand what is motivating the
student/caller, to find out what he/she really wants. And I do understand that
when someone calls tech-support with a problem that has been driving him crazy,
the last thing he wants to hear is "why do you want to do that". It's really
just a question of language. Mine is more old-fashioned-confrontational (which
only really works vis-a-vis), yours is more Internet/caller-friendly. I'm still
trying to get a handle on the latter.
Cheers!
Eric
Habsburger Verlag Frankfurt (Dr. Fiedler)
www.habsburgerverlag.de
eric.f.fied...@t-online.de