the problem you are talking about has nothing to
do with page format.  if the music is too small a
percentage it will be too small in any format to
read.  ideally you would notate at the proper
size for the final format of the printed parts.
any orchestra musician who can't read the part
because of bad eyesight will have the music
librarian blow it up anyways no matter the page
format; the music should not be made larger
because of this.

blowing up to a larger format also brings with it
a reduction in print clarity.  admittedly
negligible with laser printing...

musicians are used to 9x12, that would be a more
appropriate format.  and has been a standard for
very long.  i don't think 10x13 is so large that
the lines (systems) would start to get too long
to read, but why not use a standard that exists
already and is also used in other parts of the
world?