Right, but to have properly bound parts of 9x12, you need 18x12 to print
on. Is that also a standard art size? If so, I am curious where you get it.

I use 20x13, which I have custom cut. It's a bit more expensive, but not
out of this world. Anyway, as you say, these days the move is towards PDF
delivery and the orch librarian sorts it out. My last two jobs for
orchestra were that way.