Part of the problem is that there ISN'T a standardised way of writing chord
symbols. For instance, CM7, depending on where you live, could mean major or
minor 7, while C+7 could mean dom7(#5) or major 7. While Finale DOES have a
couple of more-or-less consistent libraries included in some common systems,
there are many missing symbols and some common systems are entirely missing.
Band In A Box doesn't have to worry about fonts, kerning, or positioning, so
its job is a little easier, but that doesn't excuse Finale for not being able
to do this better. After the Shape Designer, chords are the worst aspect of
Finale right now.

I would say that creating your own library and loading it into your default
document is the only way to go. Delete the ones that are there first, though.

BTW, there are problems with certain libraries when loaded into documents with
different default music fonts. When you load the Arial library into a Jazz
document, all the parentheses change to Jazz, which have different baselines
than Arial so they are not only in the wrong font, they are also the wrong
vertical position. The same problem occurs when you load a JazzCord library
into a Maestro document, in reverse. You can edit them manually, but this is a
huge job I would rather not do every time I load a frickin' chord library. I
edited them once in my default document, and leave it alone now.

Christopher