10.9.4 seems to be incompatible with my printer driver. (10.9.2 was for
sure fine, and I'm not certain about 10.9.3.) But I am still able to print
because I run Snow Leopard with VMWare Fusion. I highly recommend setting
up a virtual of the oldest Mac OS you can using Fusion. It has saved many
of my old programs and now this printer.

(To set up virtual Snow Leopard you need a Snow Leopard Server disc.
Setting up virtual Lion or Mountain Lion is supposedly easier.)