Dear all,

I'm hoping the corporate wisdom of this illustrious list can help with this
problem, or at least point me in the right direction

Everything has been going OK with Finale 25 since I upgraded.

Yesterday I was successfully entering lyrics in my usual way (couple of
glitches but I put that down to inaccurate fingers or me not being careful).
My usual way of working is to copy/paste lyrics into the Lyrics Window,
insert the necessary hyphenation and then click-assign the lyrics to the
score.

Today, the Lyrics Window is behaving very strangely. If I copy/paste lyrics
into the Lyrics Window and click the 'Click assign' button the lyrics I have
pasted disappear. Vanished!

If I put the lyrics in by using type-in-score then the lyrics DO appear in
the Lyrics edit window but don't seem to retain their connection to the
score, i.e. if I then make a change in the lyrics using the edit window, the
changes ARE NOT reflected in the score.

I checked the other versions of Finale that I keep installed for emergencies
(2014 and 2014.5) and they exhibit exactly the same errors.

So I tried the version of 2014 that I keep on a laptop for emergencies - and
that works just fine, exactly as expected.

I guess this means the problem is with my main PC or with something in some
software or other that has updated itself recently. Yes, I've already tried
rebooting the PC (many times!) and deleting the preferences and starting
again.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or can suggest where I could look
to find the cause?

I am on Windows 10 with an i5 processor and NVIDIA GeForce graphics card

The setup has been working fine until today and I have been working with
Finale since 1998!!

Any pointers much appreciated

Best wishes

Michael Withers