You should double up parts on the score. Since cues, grace notes, and the like
screw up linked parts in that case, you should probably have a separate file
for all the parts, each on its own staff. I prefer to work this way, and
combine to make the score at the end. It makes copying from one part to another
much easier.

Piccolo alone
Fl 1+2
Ob 1+2
Cl 1
Cl 2+3
etc., generally leaving the first part alone on a staff when there are odd
numbers of instruments.

I indicate “One player” when I want that. You can apply it to the Clar 2+3
staff and it will attach to BOTH parts by default. You can reassign it if you
only need it on one layer.

Go ahead and write three or four trumpet parts. That is doable and common
(though, as I said, it is more common to mass the section with everyone
available).

I often use 11x14 for scores. Taller seems to flap a bit on page turns. 11x15
is fine too.