I put an entire section in the Users Guide pages to this effect already.
Maybe i'll just link to that in the FAQ.

FinkCommander displays the .info and .patch files now if you double-click
on a package, so one can easily see the licensing.  It might be worth
suggesting a License column.

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Max Horn wrote:

> We keep getting requests / bug reports due to problems caused by
> packages missing from the bindist (ghostscript). There is no really
> useful error message printed in these cases by apt-get / FinkCommander
> etc. right now...
>
> So I think it would be good to at least have a FAQ entry that explains
> the reasons for this (legal issues), and how to work around it
> (installing the missing package(s) from source).
>
> Also, maybe at least FinkCommander could be improved to mention this
> possibility when installing a package from the bindist fails?
>

> Cheers,
>
> Max

Alexander K. Hansen
Associate Research Scientist, Columbia University
visiting MIT Plasma Science and Fusion Center
Levitated Dipole Experiment
175 Albany Street, NW17-219
Cambridge, MA  02139-4213