This sentence in faq, answer to Q5.17, is very unclear to me:

... if you really need the other directory to be before /sw/sbin, then you'll want to temporarily rename the other install-info when you use Fink.

What does other in the last part of the sentence refer to?

What should the user do exactly?

Semantically, I think (I may be wrong) it refers to the path before /sw/sbin, but if I apply it, that means the user should temporarily rename, say ~/bin, to install-info, should the user really do that?

And what happens when there are more than one directory before /sw/sbin? How to handle it?

A quick answer would be nice to allow further translation. Many thanks in advance.

Michèle
<http://micmacfr.homeunix.org>