Le 4 avr. 2004, à 19:50, Martin Costabel a écrit :

Michèle Garoche wrote:

This sentence in faq, answer to Q5.17, is very unclear to me:
... if you really need the other directory to be before /sw/sbin, then you'll want to temporarily rename the other install-info when you use Fink.
What does other in the last part of the sentence refer to?
What should the user do exactly?
Semantically, I think (I may be wrong) it refers to the path before /sw/sbin, but if I apply it, that means the user should temporarily rename, say ~/bin, to install-info, should the user really do that?

No. She should rename ~/bin/install-info to ~/bin/install-info_away.
The idea is that this problem only happens if two conditions are satisfied:
1. There is some other path before /sw/bin in PATH
2. There is install-info in this other path

Syntactically, the sentence says "rename the other install-info", i.e
"changer le nom de l'autre install-info", not "rename the other one to install-info" as you seem to have understood.
Thanks you very much, Martin, that way it is clear. Because frankly from what is written, I doubt the user could understand what to do, even when native English speaker.

Michèle
<http://micmacfr.homeunix.org>