On Feb 19, 2005, at 2:47 AM, Trevor Harmon wrote:
To prevent this from happening, I'm wondering what could be done. Could a virtual package be added, called wxWidgets, that maps to wxMac? Or perhaps there's some mechanism in Fink for specifying package aliases/synonyms? For instance, the Fink database could include both "wxmac" and "wxwidgets" separately in its package list but map each one to the same package.

Any suggestions? Thanks,

Trevor

"wxWidgets" is just a generic name; implementations of it for other stuff are named wxWindows, wxGTK, wxMac, etc.

The appropriate thing to do would be to make all the seperate packages Provide wxwidgets, and then Conflict/Replace each other if necessary. If that doesn't work out, packages might need to get seperate variants for all the wx*.

I never noticed we had a wxmac package either; I've had a wx app that I've wanted to package for a while, so I guess I'll get to work on that soon.