On Jun 21, 2005, at 3:07 AM, Jeremy Higgs wrote:

On 20/06/2005, at 3:04, Martin Costabel wrote:

OTOH, it is perhaps a good idea to get rid of the package altogether. On Panther already fink's version was older than the system one.

Would anyone have any objections to this? I would tend to agree with Martin, since it's included with the system now, and isn't a terribly important package.

If there are no dependencies and no objections, I'll remove it from the 10.4-transitional and 10.3 trees in the near future...

Assuming that nothing depends on this, eliminating the package is OK with me.   However, the "fink way" to bring a package to the end of its life -- when the package involves a shared library --  is to restructure the package so that it *only* builds the -shlibs splitoff.  This way, net-snmp-shlibs and net-snmp-ssl-shlibs can continue to exist for the benefit of anyone who may have compiled something which links to this, but since net-snmp-dev won't exist, nobody in the future can compile anything which will link to it.

  -- Dave