Jack Howarth wrote:
Peter,
    I think one can hardly call the g95 compilers we currently put out
as 'released compilers'. These are daily snapshot builds of g95 which
are broken and fixed at regular intervals.
As for the gcc-4.0.1 package...what is its real purpose? The compilers other than c and c++ are likely to be non-optimal in
a given point release compared with what you will find in the
current branch of the cvs (since they lag in development). If the
gcc package is meant to provide mainly gfortran and ada, I would
suggest it would be better to break these into individual packages
which are built with whichever branch snapshot has the best testsuite
results for that compiler.
                Jack

g95 is not gfortran.

The gfortran package is part of gcc-4.0.1 which was released on July 7th. I'd call that a released compiler. Ada is not a part of fink's gcc package because ada requires an ada compiler to build and there didn't seem to be the demand to go to the effort of getting a bootstrap compiler downloaded to build the ada compiler.

You'll have to go over this with Jeff, he is the package maintainer, but I see absolutely no need to package a cvs snapshot, as you said, it is due for release in the fall.

Peter