On Sep 4, 2006, at 12:26 AM, Martin Costabel wrote:

> (*)One duty of the new maintainer might be to gently nudge the
> maintainer of system-ghostscript to update it to 8.54, too ;-)

I've been tempted in the past to abolish system-tetex and system-
ghostscript from fink, and I'm tempted again at this juncture.
Tracking (by hand) the behavior of external-to-fink packages is a
painful and thankless task, which is one of the reasons we introduced
virtual packages for the things that Apple provides.

One possibility, I guess, is to try to turn system-tetex and system-
ghostscript into virtual packages.  Any opinions about that, for or
against?

   -- Dave