On 9/4/06, Peter Dyballa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Am 04.09.2006 um 01:34 schrieb Alexander Hansen:
>
> >> When trying an update-all after a selfupdate, this failed because
> >> libjasper1 had to be removed – and it is too hard to ask my
> >> permission? Even the package gets re-installed afterwards?
> >
> > The engine isn't perfect--it will try to put the conflicted package
> > back after the next package is installed, so on "update-all" you may
> > find that you have to repeat the operation.
>
> I had the impression that the "update-all" would never work: it
> stopped with the first package, Ghostscript. Is there an algorithm by
> which Finks chooses the package to "update-all"? How can it escape an
> endless loop of failures, how can it remove Ghostscript from the top?
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>    Pete
>
> Think of XML as Lisp for COBOL programmers.
>                                -- Tony-A (some guy on /.)

You never specified explicity what happened so i don't really have
enough information to tell you more about what you could have done.
If it failed because of a build conflict being swapped back in
prematurely, then this generally goes away with repeated invocations
of "fink update-all".
--
Alexander K. Hansen
Fink Documenter (still)