On Sep 14, 2007, at 12:25 PM, Jean-François Mertens wrote:

> On 14 Sep 2007, at 18:01, John Ridgway wrote:
>
>> I am finishing up my work on a system-texlive package.  It will also
>> have tetex-base-texlive and tetex-texmf-texlive packages.
> If I understand well, the latter two build everything from source ?
Nope, they depend on system-texlive, provide tetex-base and tetex-
texmf (respectively), and also depend on a few other things that
teTeX provides but TeX Live does not.  They're both non-source packages.

>> The following packages need the kpathsea library, which TeX Live does
>> not provide:
> ???
> Sure of that ?

TeX Live provides all of the kpathsea executables, but not the
kpathsea libraries nor include files.

>>    tex-guy and vflib3 - depend on tetex-dev and/or tetex-shlibs
> Those pkgs were updated.
> Pls look at the current version.
My mistake.  They depend on kpathsea, not on tetex-dev.  When were
they changed?  (Not an important question.)

>> I'm unsure of the status of lcdf-typetools -- the current package
>> needs kpathsea, but I think that everything it provides is provided
>> by TeX Live.  I'm currently looking into that.
> Same question about kpathsearch ...
>
> Please post the info files _ e.g. on the tracker :) _ so people
> can have a closer look...

I will, as soon as I've finished one more test.

> JF Mertens

Peace
- John