On Sep 14, 2007, at 1:18 PM, Vincent Beffara wrote:

> Hi,

> That's great to hear !
>
>>> If I understand well, the latter two build everything from source ?
>> Nope, they depend on system-texlive, provide tetex-base and tetex-
>> texmf (respectively), and also depend on a few other things that
>> teTeX provides but TeX Live does not.  They're both non-source
>> packages.
>
> Maybe naming them tetex-base-system-texlive would be better then (in
> addition to competing for the longest package name).
I wasn't going to name them tetex-*-system-texlive because they would
live on top of either system-texlive or texlive (when I got around to
creating that).

> Are you considering a texlive (i.e. from source) package as well ?
> Or is
> that an obviously bad idea ? One advantage would be sharing of the
> texmf
> tree with additional Fink packages. But compiling TeXlive is likely to
> be non-trivial ...
Next on the agenda is texlive-dvd (or some such) which installs TeX
Live from the dvd or downloaded stuff or whatever directly into the
fink directories.  Compiling from source will be last (but might
happen).

Peace
- John