I've updated pdftk in fink unstable to the latest 1.41 release
for Matthias Ringwald. In case anyone is wondering why we left the
package building against gcc42, the reason is that the upstream
code is actually broken and just happens to work under prior releases.
The author of the pdftk is incorrectly using c++ i/o with java
exceptions. This is (correctly) rejected by the g++ compiler now
as of gcc 4.3.0 and thus pdftk.cc can no longer be compiled. The
gcc developers where quite shocked that resulting code even
worked under prior gcc releases. However this might explain
why the author had to limit the gcj compiler flags to -O2
(for at least gcc 3.4.4).
                   Jack