Peter O'Gorman wrote:
[]
> Martin, as you run across packages that need --x-libraries/--x-includes,
> you should probably update them, remembering that 10.4 has them in a
> different location than 10.5.

I hope they'll leave at least the symlink /usr/X11R6 -> X11 in place, so
that one can use /usr/X11R6/{include,lib} in both cases.

Making an xmkmf package wouldn't be hard, I guess. After all, it's just
a subset of the xfree86/xorg packages we had (or still have). But we
will need to live with the fact, and this for a long time, that there
will be legitimate users who have /usr/X11/bin/xmkmf and others who
don't. So the future xmkmf package will have to be fully compatible with
an existing xmkmf from the Leopard X11.