Am 18.02.2010 um 19:43 schrieb Charles Lepple:

> On Feb 18, 2010, at 1:36 PM, Daniel Macks <dma...@netspace.org> wrote:

[...]
> yup, that's the "final version" (2.2.0) I was thinking of.
>
> Does Fink handle tildes? I think the Debian convention is 2.2.0~rc1.

No, it doesn't handle these. I made a patch some time ago which adds
support for this very useful feature. Alas, I shelved it after I
discovered that the ancient versions of dpkg, apt etc. we use don't
support it either... While it would be possible to backport support
for tilde to all of these, I think it would be kind of nightmarish to
do so... better to try to switch to newer versions of these tools...
one day... maybe... ;)

Bye,
Max