Maybe this is something Christian Swinehart should be informed about.

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 17:00, Viktor Haag wrote:
> Viktor Haag writes:
>  >
>  > Just thought of something: I fired up a vanilla xterm and
>  > tried 'emacs -nw', and ran into the same error:
>  >
>  >        emacs: Cannot open termcap database file
>  >
>  > I have ncurses installed through fink, and I have TERMINFO
>  > pointed (now) to /sw/share/terminfo.
>  >
>  > But emacs still "cannot open termcap database file".
>  >
>  > Seems like there's something more seriously going on here;
>  > perhaps this is a "building Emacs21 on 10.2" problem?
>
> Another oddism: 10.2's own version of Emacs (21.1) does work fine
> inside a term window (but of course it seems to be a nox build,
> so it can't apparently be used inside X).
>
> (Sigh, looking forward to the day when Apple (or GNU) will provide
> an easy, out of the box OSX binary that will use the native
> windowing system as with NT Emacs. 8))
>
> --
> Viktor Haag : Software & Information Design : Research In Motion
>                               +--+
>   "It will take several years before the big machine dies, but
>               inevitably the big machine will die."

Alexander K. Hansen
Associate Research Scientist, Columbia University
Levitated Dipole Experiment
MIT Plasma Science and Fusion Center, 175 Albany Street, NW17-219
Cambridge, MA  02139-4213
Phone:  617-252-1818    Fax:    208-988-4057
57