Neal A. Crocker wrote:

Doing this seems to have created /sw/fink/10.2. I'm still somewhat
concerned that somehow postinstall.pl failed or was not run the first
time I attempted the fink 10.2 update.
It is now clear that this is a bug. It fails to run when you already have fink-0.11 before doing the update.

(By the way, I can now see g77 3.1-2002042.)  Was I supposed to do a
"fink scanpackages" after that?  Would that have anything to do with
dselect's complaints about not being able to fetch
file:/sw/fink/dists/local/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/Packages , etc.?
Yes. But dselect won't do you any good anyway, because there is no binary dist for 10.2 yet. Couple more days to wait for that.

--
Martin