On lundi, oct 28, 2002, at 08:43 Europe/Paris, Neal A. Crocker wrote:

g77 3.1..... is not showing up for me. I just did a selfupdate from CVS from the command line:
[~]% fink selfupdate
sudo /sw/bin/fink selfupdate

Your Fink installation is set up to update package descriptions directly from
CVS. Do you want to use this setup and update now? [Y/n] y

I still only see g77 2.95.2-2 :
[~]% fink list g77
Information about 1403 packages read in 2 seconds.

i g77 2.95.2-2 GNU FORTRAN77 compiler.
Maybe your upgrade to 10.2 didn't work and you are still having the 10.1 package descriptions? For g77, this is definitely the case. Try
Ahh! The light dawns. I didn't realize there was an upgrade. I'll do the upgrade and that, no doubt, will solve my problems.

Thanks.

more /sw/fink/dists/CVS/Repository

If it shows
/cvsroot/fink/dists/10.2
you are OK (in principle), but if it is (as I guess it will be)
/cvsroot/fink/packages/dists
you are still under 10.1, and you should do the Jaguar upgrade as described on the fink web page.

--
Martin