On Wednesday, Nov 20, 2002, at 00:47 Europe/Stockholm, Martin Costabel wrote:

Niclas Davidsson wrote:
I know what was wrong, take a look at this extract:
% cat nmap-3.00-3.info
Package: nmap
Version: 3.00
Revision: 3
Maintainer: Jeremy Higgs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
BuildDepends: glib, libpcap, dlcompat-dev
Depends: libpcap-shlibs, gtk+-shlibs
Conflicts: nmap-nox ( <= %v-%r )
Replaces: nmap-nox ( <= %v-%r )
---
Notice that it doesn't explicitly mention that it requires gtk+? Well, it does! :)
OK, so it seems there should be a BuildDepends on gtk+. Maintainer CCed.

--
Martin

Yep, that's how it seems. While my case might have been a very odd one, I'd imagine that anyone trying to install nmap right now (when tcpdump.org is down) could experience the same thing.

All that leaves is the xchat issue. Should I email the maintainer about my request for a package that doesn't require gnome?

/Niclas