I've got it running, it is great!

You really can minimize stuff in the doc with quartz windows!

Mine initially came up with the window maker window manager, the new one is
quartz-wm.

Anyway, if you just get rid of your .xinitrc, it automatically comes up with
the quartz-wm.  Otherwise you will have to do an execute quartz-wm in the
.xinitrc.

I ran gimp with it, looks great!

-jeff