Le lundi, 31 mars 2003, à 22:57, Benjamin Reed a écrit :

Daniel Wyeth wrote:

I had not until this point noticed the absence of the kdemultimedia
package from Fink, and so, while I am attempting to satisfy these dependencies by other means, I am curious about the possibility of bringing this package into the distribution. Presumably this package was not omitted by choice, but for technical reasons. If so are there perhaps sub-components of it which could be built under Darwin / Mac OS X and included in the Fink distribution?

http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/ msg05360.html

:)

The problem is specifically with arts plugins and the kmidi stuff, so the bit you need most is the one that works least... :(

Bugger.

My presumptions about runtime dependencies were incorrect anyway however ( why every linux distribution has to rename the upstream packages I will never understand ) so all in all it was an ill fated project. Though I will say that the developers are extremely helpful and were quite excited about getting RG into Fink, so if at some latter stage it does become feasible, I suspect they will be of great assistance.

Sadly there seem no viable alternatives to RG available: Brahms is the only other open source sequencer / notation package that I am aware of and it too is built on aRts / KDE, and will thus suffer the same problems. Denemo was never intended to be anything more than a GUI for lilypond, and would appear to have been abandoned in anycase ( last release was in 2001 ).

Thanks for taking the time to answer and to find the previous post.

Daniel.