Is there a way to specify an extra location for dpkg to
look for downloaded deb files?
My particular reason for doing this is because I maintain a
copy of my TiBook hard drive on an external firewire drive.
I don't just clone the whole thing (that would be pretty
slow), I use unison for user data, and periodically boot off
it to install software updates, and update fink. So at that
point, the deb files I need are sitting locally on the
internal hard drive, no need to redownload. But how do I
get dpkg to look in
/Volumes/hardrive/sw/var/cache/apt/archives ??
If this is really hard, I guess I'll play around with
permissions to see if I can use unison w/o needing to run it
as root, but I'm hoping I can add one line to a config file
and not need to do an extra step...
Other suggestions for how to do this smoothly also welcome!
thanks,
-- Viv
------------------------------------------------
Dr Viv Kendon [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Quantum Information tel: 0113 343 3858
Physics & Astronomy University of Leeds
http://quantum.leeds.ac.uk/~viv
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users