On Wed, 20 Sep 2006, Alexander Hansen wrote:

> On 9/20/06, Viv Kendon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Is there a way to specify an extra location for dpkg to
>> look for downloaded deb files?
>>
>> My particular reason for doing this is because I maintain a
>> copy of my TiBook hard drive on an external firewire drive.
>> I don't just clone the whole thing (that would be pretty
>> slow), I use unison for user data, and periodically boot off
>> it to install software updates, and update fink.  So at that
>> point, the deb files I need are sitting locally on the
>> internal hard drive, no need to redownload.  But how do I
>> get dpkg to look in
>> /Volumes/hardrive/sw/var/cache/apt/archives ??
>>
> Check "man sources.list"
>
> You'd set your repository up using the "file" descriptor.
> You'd probably need to run dpkg-scanpackages as well to make that known to 
> APT.
> (I haven't played with this on anything other than a fink tree with
> the Packages.gz files)

Hmm, no, that isn't quite what I need, it assumes the debs 
are in a fink tree built from source (10.4/unstable/...). 
I want to specify another /sw/var/cache/apt/archives/ 
location, which is where the downloaded debs get stashed 
when you didn't build your own from source.

-- Viv
------------------------------------------------
Dr Viv Kendon               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Quantum Information           tel: 0113 343 3858
Physics & Astronomy          University of Leeds
          http://quantum.leeds.ac.uk/~viv

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users

Reply via email to