On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, Martin Costabel wrote:

> Viv Kendon wrote:
> []
>> Hmm, no, that isn't quite what I need, it assumes the debs are in a fink 
>> tree built from source (10.4/unstable/...). I want to specify another 
>> /sw/var/cache/apt/archives/ location, which is where the downloaded debs 
>> get stashed when you didn't build your own from source.
>
> "man apt.conf" talks about the Dir::Cache::archives option, which lets you 
> redefine what is by default /sw/var/cache/apt/archives, and thus probably 
> corresponds to what you are looking for. I have no experience with using 
> this, though.

I found this too.  But, there are no example files where the 
man page says there should be.  I also couldn't figure out 
where to put an apt.conf file (or part thereof) since there 
isn't one already to add to.  And I wasn't sure whether I 
could put two locations in, or just redefine the exisiting 
one.

If I can get an additional line in sources.list to work, 
that is actually what I want, I think.  Then it will copy 
the deb into the local /sw/var/cache/apt/archives dir, and 
my disk will be a more complete copy of my TiBook...

thanks,
-- Viv
------------------------------------------------
Dr Viv Kendon               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Quantum Information           tel: 0113 343 3858
Physics & Astronomy          University of Leeds
          http://quantum.leeds.ac.uk/~viv

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users

Reply via email to