On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, Dave Vasilevsky wrote:

> On Sep 21, 2006, at 3:39 PM, Viv Kendon wrote:
>>> You'd set your repository up using the "file" descriptor.
>>> You'd probably need to run dpkg-scanpackages as well to make that known to 
>>> APT.
>> 
>> Hmm, no, that isn't quite what I need, it assumes the debs
>> are in a fink tree built from source (10.4/unstable/...).
>
> It doesn't actually. From the sources.list manpage:
>
>> distribution can specify an exact path, in which case the components must 
>> be omitted and  distribution  must  end  with a slash (/)
>
> So a line like this would work:
>
> deb file:/Volumes/hardrive/sw/var/cache/apt/archives ./

Ahhh...I did try something like that before I asked on the 
list.  Whatever I tried didn't work, though, and appeared to 
be assuming a source-like structure.  So I figured I must 
have been misinterpreting what was meant by "distribution". 
The lack of an example didn't help: do you actually need to 
put a separate ./ like that in the place of the components? 
(I can't test right at the moment.)

> You would of course have to make a Packages.gz, if you're running Fink 0.25.x 
> there's a new utility called 'fink-scanpackages' that can help--see the man 
> page for details.

Yes...I think it was running scanpackages that informed me 
it couldn't find the subdir structure it expected on my 
first attempt.

I'll have another go when I finish what I'm currently 
doing...

-- Viv
------------------------------------------------
Dr Viv Kendon               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Quantum Information           tel: 0113 343 3858
Physics & Astronomy          University of Leeds
          http://quantum.leeds.ac.uk/~viv

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users

Reply via email to