Alexander K. Hansen wrote:
> kalkin- wrote:

>> /bin/sh ../lib/javacomp.sh -d . ./gnu/gettext/DumpResource.java
>> An exception has occurred in the compiler (1.5.0_07).
[]
>> What can I else do, if the java reinstallation don't work?

What should be checked is also the Java compiler itself. From the error
message it looks to me that this is Apple's /usr/bin/javac that is
crashing here. In my build logs for dpkg I see that for me it was using
/sw/bin/gcj from the gcc42 package.

This in itself is a slightly unhealthy situation - First of all that
there is a Java compiler involved at all in the building of a package as
basic as dpkg, and then that it uses the first one it finds on the
street. Do we know that the resulting deb does not depend on the Java
compiler found? More basically: Does dpkg really need to build all those
tests and examples from gettext?

Maybe kalkin can find a javac.crash.log somewhere that would give a more
detailed error message? Even knowing "which javac" is used and where it
comes from would help.

--
Martin