On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 15:36:45 -0300, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes
<adrian...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28/04/2014 15:30, Dmitry Yemanov wrote:
>>> 2. Add JAVA, .NET PROCEDURE and FUNCTION (not just C++)
>> You can do it in v3 as soon as someone writes the required interfacing
>> plugins (external engines). Volunteers anyone?
>>
> Java was done, but due to everything (Jaybird and Firebird APIs) being
> changed, it's not a easy task to recreate it.

If it is redone, I think it is better if it is something that depends on
Jaybird instead of as a fork of Jaybird.
I think this requires a number of things within Jaybird:
* New protocol implementation/API of Jaybird needs to be finished (or at
least: finished enough that it is not implementing against a moving
target),
* (maybe) The current dependency in Jaybird on the Connector API needs to
be moved from the core of Jaybird to an outer layer (so it is only needed
for the Resource Adapter implementation) to simplify basic JDBC use and
minimize dependencies,
* Time (and funding) to do this.