Excuse me, sir, but the Ken Olson and Gordon Bell who built the second
largest computer company in the world were engineers.  The jerk Palmer, who
wrecked it, was a "business type."

There's a great deal more to it, but big computer companies all became
dinosaurs.  Wang, Prime, DG, DEC, Sun, Silicon Graphics, etc etc etc, all
dead and gone.  Oh, and Sun.

What really died was the idea of a vertically integrated company providing
hardware, OS, applications, consulting, and support.  The industry
specialized into commodity hardware, open source operating systems, and no
support at all.

Engineers without product and business sense.  That has never changed.
 Marketing without product, possible, is worse.

--
Jim Starkey