On Jul 29, 2014, at 12:35 PM, Carlos H. Cantu wrote:

> And what holds them from using Firebird, no matter what decision is made
> about the API?

Good question. And what could be holding back everyone else?

See the chart in the reference I posted earlier in this thread.

The line from the movie "Field of Dreams"  is especially true in open source,
"If you build it [well] they [the users] will come."

Point well taken on making problems for existing user base.  I'm sure Oracle
layered JDBC on top of OCI.