On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 04:58:56PM +0100, Wols Lists wrote:
> On 28/03/16 15:59, Michal Kubecek wrote:
> >> But still clone of Firebird repository is 10 times bigger than its
> > That's one way to look at it. Another way is to say it's about 0.18 EUR
> > of disk space in case of a SSD and 0.02 EUR in case of classical
> > magnetic disk.
>
> Another way to look at it is it's a bloody expensive download for
> somebody paying by the MB.

Again: how often do you run "git clone" and how often other commands
that do not use a single bit of your Internet connection (git log,
git diff, git blame, git commit, git checkout, git bisect, ...) but
their Subversion counterparts (if exist) do communicate with the server
each time? I'm pretty sure, in the long run, git will be much cheaper.

                                                        Michal Kubecek