> But since nobody seemed to want it, I stopped work on it.
Its not a simple exercise

I understand. But *must* be a market for this, Embarcadero have it with
interbase, https://realm.io/ is kind of popular (as many other NoSql
options).

The problem is that I found this only because:

1- I know Firebird exist
2- And know it have a embebed version
3- I was looking for options for sqlite (
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=sqlite+alternatives+ios). If you read, everyone
point to a NoSql backend, or sqlite. The other posibilities are commercial (
http://greenrobot.org/news/mobile-databases-sqlite-alternatives-and-nosql-for-android-and-ios/
)

Firebird have a very poor marketing execution, IMHO, and this not help.
Even more certain about potential features that are only know on
mailing-list (is a know fact that customer mostly care for things that at
least can be demoed :) ). But I think the high levels of apps that need
both a data store for mobile and servers is matter to make clear that FB
could fit the bill.

Do you have a $$ target? What about do a crow-sourcing in kick-starter,
indiegogo or similar? And *do some marketing around*?

Maybe this could be as with mono before: Them have a free desktop/server
version and provide a renew stream with the mobile offerings.

And if this provide a sync capabilities I'm certain this will pick the
interest of a lot of enterprise users. In fact, my project is based around
this (I will implement sync with a event-sourcing, log-replay on top of
sqlite).

> Mario,
>
> <<I'm starting a significant project (on .NET/Xamarin/Python) that must
> work across Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, OSX.
> I'm using sqlite for iOS/Android/Job connectors on desktops and plan to
> use PG for the servers. However, I wish to use some features common in
> RDBMS (like stored procedures, decimal types and more) that are not
> available in Sqlite and demand to recode for it.
> However, I see on https://www.mail-archive.com/firebird-devel@lists.
> sourceforge.net/msg14559.html that exist a experimental build for
> iOS/Android.
> If I could use a single RDBMS across all this, it could cut a lot of extra
> work and simplify my work!
> So, how much close is the release for this? I could help on test stuff. I
> plan to release a MVP for my project in 3 months, and probably need to work
> on this for more than a year.
> I only need support fairly recent devices (iOS >= 8 and Android Api >=
> 24).>>
>
> You are the first and only person to date who has expressed any interest
> in this.
> I managed to build Firebird 2.x on IOS, and got as far as getting the 3.x
> libfbclient to
> cross compile for IOS. But since nobody seemed to want it, I stopped work
> on it.
> Its not a simple exercise. Mind you if somebody wanted to help subsidise
> the
> work, I would be prepared to continue....
>
> Paul.

Mario A.Montoya
Gerente
http://www.elmalabarista.com