@Paul Beach

> I got virtually no feed back, which maked me wonder who, other that
> yourself actually wants it.

Maybe is true that not exist a decent level of interest on this, but a post
in a blog (that is not a oficial one?) is not what I consider a proper way
to know.

Just waiting to people to look for this kind of stuff is problematic.
Specially if is not "obvious" is something them could want!

Money given to the Firebird Foundation is spent on development not
> marketing...

This is cool, but is wrong. Marketing is vital to any project, and I think
*far more for open source and non-profit*. Just because most of it not
"look" like "marketing" because is based on word of mouth and mediums
normal among developers not mean is not good idea to maximize exposure.

This is a problem that I see also with FreePascal/Lazarus.

*@ Carlos H. Cantu*

Personally, I'm very disappointed that those people who asked me about an
> Android port, seems to be ignoring it.

And you notified them that is available? And in conferences talk about this?

You can totally believe that most of the things I wish to have or have
asked before I forget the next day.  Without feedback how you know what is
the true interest of people? Is like insert a record on a table and never
select it and hopping to somehow return back :)

-----

Look, is probably that is correct that is not enough interest on this, and
the time and resources of you developers are better served elsewhere.

But at least, consider more seriously how improve your marketing strategy.
Certainly FB deserve a much better position of the RDBMS market that it
have!
--
Mario A.Montoya
Gerente