On 2018-05-24 11:01, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
On 2018-05-24 01:08, Vlad Khorsun via Firebird-devel wrote:
3. Never reset external connection when it gets out of use.

  It also could make system work differently - when local system was
upgraded from
v3 to v4 and start to use connection pooling *and* if remote
statements depends on
session-scoped data. But in this case user could run 'ALTER SESSION
RESET' when it
is required and get correct behaviour. It requires coding discipline and careful
planning but possible. It have no overhead on session reset when it is
not needed.

But that will be awkward, because each EXECUTE STATEMENT ON EXTERNAL
will obtain a (possibly) different connection from the pool, so an
EXECUTE doing a session reset followed by another EXECUTE could be
using different statements. This means one would have to use an
EXECUTE BLOCK that does both the session reset (will that even be
possible from execute block?) and then  the other statement. I think
this will make solutions less flexible.

Ignore above, I was thinking to much about the autonomous transaction case.