25.05.2018 15:28, Vlad Khorsun via Firebird-devel wrote:
   We have local server v4 and remote server v3. v4 runs external statements
against v3
and remote sessions have some context that is re-used by remote statements
somehow.
Then remote server is upgraded to v4 and remote sessions gets reset on re-use.
Now
remote statements can't re-use that context and behaviour could be changed.

   Ok. When you are getting a connection from a pool and when return it? I was sure that these point are exactly the same as current connect and disconnect of external connection. Was my guess wrong again?

   It is correct.

Then I don't see how behavior of external connection can change: if currently it is completely closed, situation "remote sessions have some context that is re-used by remote statements somehow" is impossible. When remote server is upgraded and connection begin to be reset instead of closed, everything will be the same from local side POV or do you see any difference between brand new connection and connection after reset which I overlook?

--
  WBR, SD.