On 11/06/2019 22:46, Vlad Khorsun wrote:

The simplest way would be to drop IDs and deliver to client only bias. It is enough for all usages of timestamp with timezone I can think about.

  I already offer to deliver to client both ID and displacement (offset, bias)... It costs nothing as current 10 bytes in wire protocol anyway padded up to 12 bytes.

In which case restoring seconds accuracy need for LMT management should be possible, but certainly the rule set being used IS essential since the bias has no indication as to DST situation ... It's worth pointing out that this same discussion is in part being had about the Java timezone handling ... there is no consensus on how it should be done!

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL