On 11/06/2019 16:52, Vlad Khorsun wrote:

>>>    What other ways ? Nobody understand what is our region code.
>>>

>> We can add API function to convert from/to ID/string.
>
>   With roundtrip ? No, thanks ;)

Of course, no. The current IUtil functions already does it without
roundtrip.

I mean another function with the sole purpose of convert from/to
ID/string, i.e., nothing within the timestamp.

>   BTW, why time is passed by app in region format and retrieved back
> in UTC ?
> What if engine will translate data from storage (UTC) to specified TZ
> before
> return time to client (like "bind legacy" but keep TZ info) ?

Because it don't work. First implementation try was doing it and it
simple don't work.

First, you loose things. The adjusted (displayable) timestamp is not
convertible back for duplicated timestamps (DST end).

Second, time zone tables are "indexed" by the UTC timestamp, not the
region timestamp.

Third, time zone table changes would make duplicate entries in unique

> I want to eliminate needs to translate something at client side.

The only way would be to remove the functionality in the client, which
for sure, we do not want.

Adriano