12.06.2019 13:43, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:
Then we will not have a single source of truth anymore.

When user will create a client timestamp-tz value, he will need to fill
that fields too, manually (with kill the current functionality) or
automatically (making difficult what is currently simple and having the
same "problems" you see now).

Even if a user would like to create timestamp-tz value (which I really doubt), it will be his problem. From our side it is enough to write a definite rules of value's interpretation. For example "if TZ ID is provided it is used, otherwise if displacement provided it is used, otherwise value is considered to be UTC". This worked for years for character fields and I don't see any reason why it cannot work for timestamps.

--
  WBR, SD.