On 05/09/2019 10:59, Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel wrote:

>> Don't use an absurd implementation that returns wrong data, and that
>> data may be reintroduced in new statements and change correct data.
>>
>> Just it.
>
> Adriano, I've already asked and repeat once again: Why are you so sure
> that offset will be invalid? What's incorrect in replacing (for
> example) TZ 'MSK' with offset +3?

You and Vlad have been answered a lot of times by different people:
- Offset is much less information than the region
- Offset is not remap-able to region (many regions uses same offsets)
- Offset + "converted time from GMT" is ambiguous (before or after dst
start/end?)
- It's different than original data, and output of a query may enter as
input of a changing statement later
- It has different meaning from the correct usage: correct usage had GMT
time + offset/region. You want converted time + offset, which would
completely defeat the usage as input

Adriano