2020年8月27日(木) 23:58 Adriano dos Santos Fernandes <adrian...@gmail.com>:

> On 27/08/2020 11:48, Ian Lawrence Barwick wrote:
> > 2020年8月27日(木) 23:28 Ian Lawrence Barwick <barw...@gmail.com>:
(...)
> > OK, I can get it to work by using sudo; is it possible it's expecting
> > to run as a
> > different user (e.g. "firebird") rather than the user I compiled this with?
> >

> If you have already a Firebird server installed, /tmp/firebird will need
> the firebird group, so your user must have that group.

Thanks, that was the other element which was missing.

Related to that:

- is it problematic if more than one Firebird instance is using that directory?
- is it possible to specify a different directory for the Firebird 4
instance running in my user account?

Anyway everything is now more-or-less working, many thanks for everyone's help!

Regards

Ian Barwick