On 05-09-2022 11:50, Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel wrote:
On 9/5/22 12:31, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
On 05-09-2022 11:23, Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel wrote:
This is solved by install script - it creates symlink to /inst/path/firebird/lib/.tm/libtommath.so.0 in system lib directory (provided it's missing). That's done this way in order to make it possible to use system tommath when present.

That is inconsistent compared to what is done for --with-builtin-tomcrypt. I explicitly requested --with-builtin-tommath, so I expect it to end up directly in the lib directory like tomcrypt.

This switch works another way.

It seems to me it does the same thing, but for a different library, so why does it do so in an entirely different way?

If I understand you correctly, I will need to massage what I have in buildroot even further to get a usable build. I won't be using the install script, because I don't want to install it, I want to package it for an embedded deployment.

Yes, you need to change something not suitable for embedded, I even expect you to add configure switch for it - we never deployed FB for linux w/o install script.

We'll see, if I can find the motivation and energy to figure this out.

Mark Rotteveel